Tuesday, December 4, 2012

week 32

Baby center update: 

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Baby girl seems to be kicking me in the middle of my chest, so I think she may have (hopefully!) flipped.  I'll see if the midwife can tell me at our next appointment, but I am sure it's hard for them, too.  


We went to Bakersfield this weekend and Angel threw us a lovely shower.  It was nice and quiet and I was happy to kick off baby celebrations.  My coworkers are also throwing a shower for me, so I am spoiled.  :)  :)  

I really like seeing Eliana's things around.  Makes me happy and remember that pretty soon, she'll be here hanging with us.  Though, I am sure I'll be less excited for her things being all over the place eventually.  I am started to try and figure out what we are going to do for organizing all of her little, itty bitty things.

I am grateful to those that came to the shower to support us and grateful for their help with Eliana's things.  Here are a few pictures from the shower, mainly the food, that I took.  







A special thank you to Angel for hosting this and making it so lovely.,

No comments:

Post a Comment