Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 33, yo!

Baby update: 

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

This weekend, Ryan and I took some time to start organizing our place and getting rid of the clutter.  I hung some of her baby clothes in my closet on the tiniest little baby hangers.  Ryan had to do a lot of organizing due to his massive amounts of books he has for school.  Basically, just lots of boring cleaning that took a lot longer than I thought it would, and we still have more to go.  

In other news, we recently decided we liked the name Abigail for Eliana's middle name.  As of right now, that is the only one I really like.  So I suppose unless something else comes along and blow my mind, that's what we'll use.  :)

Well, the weeks seem like they might start dragging, though as they are passing, it goes by fast.  I am sure that doesn't make a damn bit of sense, but it's how I feel.  I am wanting to already get the bags packed and a car seat all in place.  I feel like by the time I am on maternity leave, I am not going to have anything left to do.  

Nothing much to report.  Second baby shower this Friday and  I am looking forward to that! :) Also, meeting with the midwife for my next appointment and I think we're going to see if she's available to deliver Eliana.  I sure hope so!  We really liked her.   




No comments:

Post a Comment